Tuesday, November 23, 2010

medecine




I will never, never be employed in the medical field.  That being said, I will always have a strong afinity for medical diagrams, especially if they are misleading or display theories which have since been disproven.  I am enamored with natural history, and I place human civilizations within that category.  Here is just a small selection of medical diagrams, charts, and other related ephemera, false, accurate, or once thought to be.





My favorite part about science class is always the drawing of diagrams.  It is very interesting to me to see human representation of the perceived universe, especially ephemera from the past, which exhibits knowledge of the time that has either since been expounded on or ridiculed.  A most interesting way to observe such an unpredictable organism as humans and humanity is to look at its self-proclaimed knowledge, and how it is illustrated.  A particularly interesting category is that of medical diagrams, which carry on their own a very potent appeal. . . .
cryptid diagram by Walmor Correa,  http://www.walmorcorrea.com.br/php/inicio.php


Tibetan vein chart






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers