Monday, November 29, 2010

Girls on birds 3-color linoleum cut

Here are individuals from editions I did of this block print in green and pink.  I'm not sure how I feel about the way they turned out, although it is the first multi-color block print that I have done so far.  The process was frustrating, but I liked it enough to think I might try it again.


This one I like better because the ink is a lighter brown.  I inked it once and then printed it twice without re-inking it and the dark bits don't seem quite as heavy.  However, this seems to only work with the pink ones, whereas the green on the others is dark enough that it merits a near-black tone.

One of the things I like best about block printing is the lack of need for absolutely perfect inking and printing.  As you can see on this one, the green ink underneath has a good deal of paper coming through, but due to the fairly rugged nature of the process, it adds to it rather than detracts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers