Wednesday, January 19, 2011

miss world virginity 1974 - Carole Laure

 Dusan Makavejev's 1974 masterpiece Sweet Movie has captivated my attention since I first saw it two years ago.  I could easily rave about every aspect of it - the lavish sets and costumes, the intricate Marxist themes which I still don't fully grasp, the swinging bed filled with sugar - but instead I will focus only on one point.

Canadian actress and comedienne Carole Laure plays one of the central roles in this lush and complex film.  The character of Miss Canada rarely speaks, and is taken helplessly on a journey around Europe, and she limply allows for a great number of things to happen to her along the way.  I highly recommend this movie to anyone, but I will forewarn you that there is a lengthy scene involving coprophagia


in a glamorous eskimo parka

covered in chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers